It indicates the average number of employed Albertans in each category for the year ending June 30, 2018.
- The total number of employed Albertans in this period was 1,913,200.
- The minimum wage will increase from $13.60 per hour to $15.00 per hour on October 1, 2018.
- More than 300,000 Alberta workers will receive a raise on October 1st because of the minimum wage increase.
- 302,300 employed Albertans earn less than the incoming minimum wage of $15 per hour (15.8%).
- 359,100 earn less than $16 per hour (18.8%).
- 159,500 earn the current minimum wage of $13.60 per hour (8.3%).
- More than 60 percent of workers receiving a minimum wage raise are women.